Policy is set by The International Dance Studio management team; as such, any and all policy questions should be referred to the Studio Director or Manager.
Dance is a team effort between the student and instructor, which builds on previous lessons. Attendance is taken at each class. When a student is tardy or misses a session, they get behind and hold back the other students. Classes missed will not be made up unless cancelled by the studio. We ask your assistance by picking up your student promptly at the end of their class.
Classes not meeting minimum enrollment (4 students) will be canceled. Students will be moved to other existing classes or tuition will be refunded.
We expect a 24-hour notice to cancel your attendance to a class.
Snow policy – We follow The Oklahoma City Public School District policy. Classes may be canceled due to snow or icy conditions. If you are not sure whether a class will be held, check with your instructor or please contact International Dance Studio. You can also subscribe to our news and information for updates on cancelations.
As a general rule, if local schools are canceled, we are most likely closed.
International Dance Studio will be closed on Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas Break, Winter Break, Memorial and Labor Day, but open for all other holidays unless otherwise stated.
Class attire – All students (except adults) must wear dance related attire.
All hair must be pulled back into a bun (required for ballet classes) ponytail, braids, pigtails, or snood (except short hair). No jewelry, hair ornaments, food or toys permitted in class.
- Ballet/Creative Movement: Solid color leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes. Ballet and Pointe: Solid color leotard, pink or black tights; ballet skirt optional; pink ballet and/or pointe shoes.
- Modern: Solid color leotard, jazz pants or footless tights; bare feet.
- Hip Hop: Tennis shoes that do not mark the dance ﬂoor, or jazz shoes. Jazz pants, sweat pants, jeans, shorts or footless tights; bare feet.
- Tap: Solid color leotard, tights (jazz pants can be worn instead of tights); Beginners: black mary jane-style with ribbon tie; Int/Adv; black oxford-style tap shoes.
- Jazz: Same as Tap, black jazz shoes.
- Flamenco: Black leotard with low back and long sleeve, suntan tights and circular practice skirt; black character shoes with nails or black professional ﬂamenco shoes.
- Salsa and Tango: Ballroom, jazz, character, heels or tennis shoes with leather or suede soles. Jazz pants, sweat pants, jeans, shorts or skirt.
Dance clothing and shoes may be purchased locally thru International Dance Studio, Show Biz or Creative DanceWear. Occasionally Wal-Mart and Payless Shoe Source carry ballet and tap shoes for youth.
Costumes are ordered in December. All fees, including December tuition, must be paid in full, as payment must accompany the costume order. All costumes are NonRefundable once ordered. For an added fee of $20, costumes may be exchanged for a larger or smaller size. Parents, who request, over night fees or 2nd day air fees will pay the additional costs. All costumes are made to order, not made to exact measurements. Costumes will not be tried on, nor sent home, until all fees owed to Studio are current, including tuition and/or any outstanding fees. Students are expected to participate in the recital. If for any reason your child will not be in the recital, please let us know right away.
International Dance Studio may offer students an opportunity to take workshops during the year, and some classes compete. Workshops and hotel costs are paid for by the students. Students competing also pay competition costs. We also have been fortunate to go abroad and perform. When these opportunities arise we expect all students to conduct themselves in the spirit of the Studio and respect the countries culture.